SINZA - Exotic Automatic -Exotic Weapon Design & Construction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SINZA - Exotic Automatic -Exotic Weapon Design & Construction

Discussion & Design of Mechanics for Automatic Bladed Weapons & Exotic Gear

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Age and Location
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby David8 June 10th 2018, 12:07 pm

» Don't try this at home!
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen April 15th 2018, 5:53 pm

» Power of sling
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen October 5th 2017, 6:35 pm

» Smash with a Phantom skull ring
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen April 29th 2017, 2:27 pm

» Knife Atlatl
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen March 14th 2017, 1:30 pm

» Machine gun knife sheath
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen February 4th 2017, 8:01 pm

» Paper truncheon
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen December 6th 2016, 4:00 pm

» Morningstar against clown
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen December 6th 2016, 3:33 pm

» Nailing playing card, and blindfolder throwing knife.
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen April 6th 2016, 5:01 pm

» Nailed (thrown)milk carton to the "wall"
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen March 11th 2016, 8:03 pm

» Rubber Knuckle-Duster
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen March 5th 2016, 5:22 pm

» Neck knife throwing
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen February 13th 2016, 6:20 pm

» Can the pliers be used as a knuckle duster?
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen January 29th 2016, 6:12 pm

» Offical Swedish army slingshot
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen December 23rd 2015, 12:54 pm

» My Collapsible Staff
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby serafim December 7th 2015, 4:31 pm

» Knife throwing with leg
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen November 16th 2015, 8:24 pm

» Belt buckle weapon
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen September 22nd 2015, 3:42 pm

» Toyota car jack; weapon?
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen July 10th 2015, 6:43 pm

» JIPPO-Catapult
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen May 14th 2015, 5:15 pm

» Medieval Soldier's armarments
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Wolfie January 21st 2015, 10:54 pm

» Machinegun War Hammer
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby ChaosDragon August 24th 2014, 6:55 pm

» Can 8 euros be used as a weapon?
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen July 13th 2014, 7:24 pm

» Diagram of Atemi
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Guest May 7th 2014, 10:07 am

» Knife Throwing Championships 2013!!
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby SINZA March 6th 2014, 9:22 am

» Hello all.
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby AkuroAdenn February 28th 2014, 4:47 pm

» Hi everyone.
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby ChaosDragon February 22nd 2014, 8:28 pm

» Maori Taiaha
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Chasing-Butterflies December 31st 2013, 9:24 pm

» Hey all!
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby mozza December 18th 2013, 8:37 am

» Bonechakus + Other BONE WEAPONRY
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby mozza December 18th 2013, 8:01 am

» Alice Cooper & Throwing Knives
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby DogMachine December 17th 2013, 12:50 am

» Hello All!
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby LightShroudShadow November 10th 2013, 9:30 pm

» Intro and Sneek Peek at new build
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby DogMachine October 31st 2013, 6:30 am

» Practicalities of the AC Hidden Blade
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby ChaosDragon October 22nd 2013, 4:24 am

» Paintboy360olie's hidden blade
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby tokeupblowup October 3rd 2013, 10:30 am

» APOLOGY
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby ChaosDragon September 21st 2013, 6:17 am

» Quick Introduction
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Abberance August 29th 2013, 9:39 pm

» Slinging "bola" chains
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen June 3rd 2013, 4:45 pm

» The Assassin Extension Knife
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Mark Adams May 26th 2013, 6:37 am

» Forum Noobie
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby jerryk25 April 30th 2013, 1:46 pm

» 9" nails as ammo: New slingshot pumpgun!
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby shayl33ninjapro189 April 18th 2013, 7:12 am

» At last. A pumpgun slingshot tutorial.
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby JohnSully April 4th 2013, 4:20 am

» My Handcarved, Butterfly Warclubs {plural}
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Chasing-Butterflies March 28th 2013, 2:35 am

» Shooting Chainsaws with the slingshot
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen February 19th 2013, 1:23 pm

» Hello I Joined the Forum Today Jan. 11, 2013
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby john6553 February 1st 2013, 10:53 pm

» I'm new :o shocker!
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby NoaIsumi January 16th 2013, 1:46 am

» Greetings!
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby NegativePower December 31st 2012, 10:57 pm

» 2012 Knife-Throwing Competition
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Genklen December 29th 2012, 6:02 pm

» How to win every knife fight you are in in 2 steps
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Wolfie December 27th 2012, 2:32 am

» My Taiaha in progress
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby RedneckNinja December 13th 2012, 10:04 pm

» Greetings
Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeby Chasing-Butterflies December 13th 2012, 12:47 pm

Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoergS
SlingShot Master
SlingShot Master
JoergS

Number of posts : 116

Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Empty
PostSubject: Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon   Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2011, 10:11 am

In preparation for the big event in two weeks, I started to put things together.

Today, I made the pouch for the monster. I want to use boule balls, 2kg, 3kg and 4 kg shot put as ammo. The pouch has to be big enough for the largest ammo type, which has 10 cm (about four inches) in diameter, solid steel. (The pictures show a 15 mm steel ball, typical larger size slingshot ammo, in comparison.)

As the clamping mechanism needs some space, this means the pouch has to be about 50 cm long and 10 cm high.

I punched in 4 cm holes for the centering and also for the bands.

As I want to go up high in draw weight, I used very thick leather (3 mm), well made and totally strong (I had to hammer about 50 times PER HOLE on the hole puncher, which is really sharp...). I used two layers for a total thickness of 6 mm.

This meant the inner layer had to be cut shorter to end up even when the pouch is wrapped around the ammo.

The pouch alone weighs 200 grams, more than a 30 mm steel ball (130 grams)!

I will used looped Thera Band Gold, so I can simply add one more full width band when the shooting starts.

This pouch will endure crazy draw weights, and it will need every bit of that endurance.

Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Cannonpouch2

Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Cannonpouch1
Back to top Go down

Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon   Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2011, 6:35 pm

Joerg,

I feel like a little kid in front of a movie theater. drunken

If I may...a small suggestion/request *if it makes sense*...

*Bone breaker ammo* - Cannon style pirat

Ivo

PS: Slowly becoming a contributing member of the Joerg slingshot universe...Perhaps for future projects (or maybe even this one) - Bolo Ammo

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

Making the pouch for the slingshot cannon
Page 1 of 1